Thursday, June 19, 2008

What inspires you? OjaiStyle asks...

As a non artist (but art lover), I am always interested in the inspiration behind artists works. How do artists come up with their work? Is it daily events? Is it a lasting memory? For me, I wake up in the middle of the night with my ideas. Granted these ideas are things like what I will be serving for dinner the next day or perhaps breakfast.

On my recent visit to Ojai, I spoke with Bernadette DiPietro about her Batik 'Two Grandmothers.' Bernadette brought out her high school graduation photo that features Bernadette with her two grandmothers. She said she has had the the image in her mind that became the inspiration for the artwork.

Below is the photo with Bernadette's two grandmothers...

and the artwork 'Two Grandmothers'

No comments: